After the success of our 2009 May Day to Labor Day Community Screening Campaign, we continue to encourage organizations, grassroots groups, congregations and individuals across the country to organize screenings, houseparties and actions around Made in L.A. in a nationwide effort to put a human face on the issues of immigration, immigrant workers' rights, and supporting humane immigration reform.
Join the current campaign and let your representatives and community leaders know how you feel about this issue. By creating a climate of empathy and understanding around the issue of immigration reform, we can lay the foundation for change.
1. Host a screening or houseparty!
Your screening event can help advance your group's mission, grow your membership, build strategic partnerships and even help you fundraise - all while building support for immigrants rights. In our Host a Screening page you'll find all the tools you need to make your screening an easy-to-organize successful event.
1. Purchase a Community Screening DVD for community & faith-based screenings and houseparties.Join hundreds of organizations and individuals across the country in screening the Made in L.A. DVD and taking action!
2. Download a free Event Planning Toolkit, and begin planning your event. On our Host A Screening page you'll also find bilingual English-Spanish sample flyers, template e-mails, sample press releases and everything you need to organize a successful event with Made in L.A.
3. After your screening – discuss the issues using our free downloadable Immigration Conversation Guide and take action by contacting local and national leaders, speaking with press, planning future events or working with local groups to highlight immigration issues in your comunity. (See the conversation guides for detailed suggestions or visit our Get Involved page for links to a number of partner organizations that offer specific template e-mails and/or suggested talking points for contacting elected officials around immigration reform.)
2. Send an e-mail, share a short web video and spread the word!
Send an e-mail to your friends or to your lists to share one of our short web videos or to let them know about the Screening Campaign. You can simple use the "E-Mail" and "Share" buttons at the top of this page, or click here to share and forward these news!
Customizable template e-mails for organizations to use to message to their members or to partner organizations are available here.
You can also spread the word to your friends using our Facebook page!
3. Share Made in L.A. on your blog or website!
Post the May Day Campaign banners or buttons on your website or blog and link to this page. (Download the banners and buttons using the links in the right column.)
Fair Immigration Reform Movement (FIRM)
Interfaith Immigration Coalition
Interfaith Worker Justice
National Council of La Raza (NCLR)
National Immigrant Solidarity Network
National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights,